Sunday 4 December 2011

Weekend Project - Builders Lamp

Over the weekend I wanted to practice some more High poly to Low poly modeling and thought a builders lamp would be quite an interesting thing to model.

I used the following reference image for the model:

And here's the final piece:
I'm happy with how it's turned out, and it's been great practice for making high poly meshes - even though this one isn't really the complex! The mesh really benefits from having the high poly bake though, as it smooths the bars even more, the lamp and has added some amazing details to the bolts.

Although I've done this purely as a personal project, I may be able to fit it into my Honors project for university.

The Diffuse texture is 1024. Normal and Specular being 512 and an Emissive at 256. I handpainted the diffuse texture as I don't really like just plastering photos on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment